I have a nephew who absolutely loves trucks, cars, and any other type of vehicle. As Christmas approached I was unsure of what to get my nephew. I searched the internet for ideas of sewing projects with trucks, but it was only to my dismay. None of the projects peaked my interest. I found a car tutorial but that was it. So I decided to make my own pattern and tutorial on a truck pillow. I also decided that putting his name on with iron on letters would be fantastic!
As usual, there is a video tutorial on my youtube site, and written instructions with pictures below.
What you will need:
*Your choice of fabric colors
*poly-fil or any type of stuffing
*Choice of thread colors
*Optional: Iron on letters
Pattern: Use one whole piece of printer paper 8x10inches as the trailer part. Make a circle for the wheels. And make a from cab as you like. The pattern I made is so easy I’m not even going to try and retrace it and scan it and turn it into a pdf because it takes much longer…if you are really having issues please let me know and I will take the time do that for you.
- Cut out your fabric pieces
- Iron on letters or if you want to sew on letters that works as well!
- Sew on your hubcaps, windows and any other details you want to add
- Sew each side together. The front cab to the trailer and the wheels
- Time to sew the middle strip part! I made mine 2 inches thick but you can make it as big as you like!
- You can switch colors to match or just use one color.
- If you do not want to do the middle section then you can just take the two truck sides facing each other (inside) and sew around leaving a 3 inch opening. Turn right side out, stuff, and hand-sew shut.
- To do the middle strip, line it up with the truck where you want to start and back-stitch and go forward all the way around switch colors as needed. Curve the middle strip around the corners.
- Now take the other side of the truck and have the sides facing inwards towards
each other, and sew the second side to the strips on the first side.
- Turn right side out and make sure there are no holes in the outside, if there are turn inside out and fix them.
- Fill with your choice of stuffing and hand-sew shut.
- Congrats you are done!
- If you have any questions or concerns please leave them below. If you have trouble with the middle strip please watch the youtube tutorial.